Creating a New User
When a new person joins your team, you'll need to set them up as a user in Work Studyforce.
Be sure to create a new user, rather than change the name and profile information for an existing user.
- Click on the link to Setup in the top right corner of the page.
- In the left-hand column, scroll down to the Administer section and click on the arrow next to Manage Users, which will give you additional options.
- Click on the Users link.
- Click on the New User button.
- Fill in the user details.
The email address and username do not have to be the same. The username has to look like an email address, but it does not have to be a valid email account. It does have to be unique within the Salesforce system, so you cannot have two users with the same username, but you can have two users with the same email address.
In the left column, select a User License and Profile. In most cases, we encourage schools to add users as the "System Administrator" profile, unless you have a strong understanding of Salesforce profiles and
want to lock down user permissions more substantially.
- At the bottom of the page, make sure the box next to "Generate new password and notify user immediately" is checked. The new user will receive an email asking him to set a password and complete logging in.
If the user cannot find the e-mail for any reason, you can reset the user's password, which will generate another e-mail to the user.