Creating a Custom Report
Most of the time, you can find an existing report that you can customize to meet your needs. However, creating a custom report may be a good option if:
- You can't find an available report that includes all the fields that you need in one report.
- You're the kind of person that prefers to start with a blank slate.
- Start by clicking the Reports tab at the top of your screen.
- Click on the New Report button.
- You will be asked to select a report type. You'll most likely find what you need in the Other Files folder, which has report types specific to Cristo Rey. Expand the folder by clicking on the tiny plus (+) sign to the left of the
The report type determines the fields you’ll be able to see in your report, so choose wisely. For example, if you choose "Students with Time Cards," you won't be able to use "Missed Day" fields."
Use the Quick Find box to help find what you need.
- Click on the desired report type and then click the Create button.
- You'll be taken to the Report Builder, where you can add filters, choose the fields you want, and summarize your information if desired. You can find out more about how to do these tasks in the Customize an Existing Report article.
In the example below, you can see that I created a report that:
- Includes all students (not just the ones who have me as their record owner);
- Shows time cards from the last seven days; and
- Includes the student, company, and supervisor names, as well as the date and time at which the students submitted their time cards and on which their supervisors approved the time cards.
- To see all the results of your report, click on the Run Report button at the top of the screen.
- If you think you will need this report again, click on the Save As button.
- Enter a relevant report name and description, and choose the folder in which you would like the report to be saved. Don't forget to save your work.
If you save the report in the My Personal Custom Reports folder, by default you will be the only user who can see the report.
Your report will now be in that folder the next time you need to run the same report.